Attest™ Super Rapid Biological Indicators monitor the efficacy of steam sterilization processes with quick and reliable results. The 3M™ Attest™ Super Rapid Readout Biological Indicator 1492V (brown cap, referred to hereinafter as the 1492V BI) is a self-contained biological indicator specifically designed for rapid and reliable qualification testing and routine monitoring of 270°F (132°C) and 275°F (135°C) dynamic-air-removal (pre-vacuum) steam sterilization processes when used in conjunction with the 3M™ Attest™ Auto-reader 490 (hereinafter referred to as the 490 Auto-reader). The 1492V BI is a single-use device.
The 1-hour super rapid readout and the optional 48-hour visual pH color change incubation times have been correlated with a 7-day incubation period (at 56+/-2°C) following the FDA’s Reduced Incubation Time protocol. Processed indicators were examined at 48 hours and 7 days for detection of a visual pH color change.
The 1-hour fluorescence change readings and the 48-hour visual pH color change readings were compared to the 7-day visual pH color change readings to determine the readout time of the indicator. 1-hour Fluorescence Change Result 1492V BIs have 1-hour reduced incubation time results that correlate to the 7-day (168 hours) visual readout result ≥ 97% of the time. 48-hour Visual pH Color Change Result 1492V BIs have 48-hour reduced incubation time results that correlate to the 7-day (168 hours) visual readout result ≥ 97% of the time. Due to the high reliability of the 1-hour fluorescent result there is no advantage to incubating 1492V BIs beyond 1 hour. 1492V BIs meet ANSI/AAMI/ISO 11138-1:2006/(R)2010, ANSI/AAMI/ISO 11138-3:2006/(R)2010 and BS EN/ISO 11138-1:2006, BS EN/ISO 11138-3:2006.
- Provides BI results in 24 minutes in 3M Attest 490/490H Auto-readers with software version 4.2.7 or greater
- Dynamic-air-removal (Pre-vacuum and SFPP): 132˚C (270˚F) 3 or 4 min. 135˚C (275˚F) 3 min.
- Meets ISO and FDA performance requirements for biological indicators
- Contains viable organisms that provide a direct measure of lethality
- Puts your instrument turnaround speed into overdrive
- Puts your instrument turnaround speed into overdrive for improved patient safety
- *When used with 3M™ Attest™ Auto-reader 490 or the Attest™ Auto-reader 490H with software version 4.2.7 or greater.
Twenty-four minute readout Biological Indicator for 132°C (270°F) 3 or 4 minute and 135°C (275°F) 3 minute Dynamic-Air-Removal Steam Sterilization cycles (Brown Cap). 50 each/box.
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.